Tuesday 11 February 2014

The Mind Games Of Mourinho

Over the years I have tended to stay away from all  the stories about the self appointed special one Jose Mourinho. But today I feel I have to open up on all things that I find infuriating about the Chelsea manager. There have been times when I despair over his antics and over the next few hundred words let me just put my opinion forward to you and whether you agree or disagree I think you will find my views quite interesting.


Jose "master of mind games" or "just a big bully"
As we all know Mourinho breezed into Chelsea many years back and in his first interview proclaimed himself to be the self anointed ‘Special One’. We should have understood from that statement that the man is a self publicist. Jose’s aim is to promote himself all the time in the media, a feat which he has certainly done over the years. I just don't get it, I feel that the man has brought the game into disrepute so many times it has been unbelievable. How the authorities have not dealt with him harder over the years amazes me. If I can take you back to the Barcelona v Chelsea champions league game a few years back he claimed to have seen Barca manager Frank Rijkaard enter the referees dressing room at half time. This set up all sorts of accusations towards referee Anders Frisk after the game and caused all sorts of problems for the official and his family. He actually retired shortly after the game as the pressure from the whole furore had got to him and his family. Later it was proven that in fact the Barca manager had not  entered the referee’s dressing room. To be perfectly blunt about this, if the Barca manager had tried to gain entry to the dressing room of one of the top referees in the world at the time, he would have been sent packing by the official. But look it didn't matter Mourinho had got what is little plan had set out to do and deflect from a defeat on the pitch and blame issues off the pitch. Taking the eyes away from his tactical mistakes in the game.

Another issue that springs to mind is when he poked his finger in the eye of the Barcelona assistant manager at the end of a game in Spain.To my utter astonishment he came up behind the guy and reached out and poked him in the eye. A real cowards way of attacking a person is always from behind.Like in the day of the cowboy, if you shot somebody in the back you were a gutter snipe.

So can I just fast forward all this to the season 2013/14. Back at Chelsea this season after he more or less begged to come back to the Bridge after United showed no interest, every chance he has got he has been sniping at Manuel Pellegrini in the press, he’s at it all the time.The man uses the press to have a go and journalists been journalists will fill pages with his antics.Yesterday when it was announced that the FA were to take no action against Yaya Toure over his kick out at Norwich, Jose was in like a rat up a drain pipe to claim it was wrong. Whether right or wrong, the point I am making is that Jose is trying again to cause issues where he has no business to stick his nose in. If Chelsea don't win the league he will look back at this issue and point to it as been a turning point in the season.For fun, I would love to see Toure over the next three games play out of his skin and bag a few goals as well.



With all that I have said over this article, I feel the FA should deal with his mind games and the next time he has a go in the written media, slap a disrepute charge on him. He should just do his talking on the pitch by winning games and stop all these antics, as I said before he appointed himself the special one when he arrived in England, in my opinion he is far from being a special one, more so a man who can not do without the self publicity.

No comments:

Post a Comment