Saturday 22 March 2014

Players are out of Order


Last weekend there was a lot of controversy around the country in the beautiful game. So many talking points I was thinking about doing an incident of the week, like they do for goal of the week. But if I was to write about every incident that I witnessed last weekend I would still be writing this blog on Christmas Eve. So what I have decided to do is pick two and concentrate my opinions on those two.The decisions I want to talk to you about are two of the worse things I have seen on a football pitch in many a long day. George Boyd and Chelsea's Ramires get my undivided attention for the next few hundred words.

First up is the issue that occurred during the Hull City v Man.City game. It all stems around a dive by Hull City player George Boyd in the penalty area. As the ball was played through and Joe Hart came out to block any scoring chance by Boyd, the Hull player anticipated a tackle from Hart which did not come and he was made look a fool by taking a dive. All hell was to break loose and Hart and Boyd squared up to each other, the England goalkeeper was fuming that Boyd had tried to con, yes con the referee into giving a penalty. What was to happen next, was unbelievable. Boyd was seen clearly aim a spit at Joe Hart. This in my opinion is a disgusting low life thing to do in any walk of life never mind a football field.Joe Hart showed great strength not to retaliate, as if that was to happen on any street up and down the country, Boyd in my opinion would have been chinned. I do hope the FA throw the book at him and give him a lengthy ban. There is no place in our beautiful game for scumbag behavior like that on a football field.

Let me now move on to Villa Park and talk about the horrific tackle by Ramires on El Ahmadi. Oh sorry before I start can I just congratulate Villa on a tremendous win on Saturday evening.Villa Park was rocking. The controversy that followed the Ramires tackle took centre stage and Villa's great victory was lost in the fall out. Let me just say that the Chelsea players tackle was the worst seen on a football field in England for a long long time.How the Villa player did not suffer a leg break is a miracle. Luckily enough he will be ok and will return to the field soon. Now this is where my blood pressure rocketed after the game, Jose Mourinho got himself centre stage once again by entering the field of play to talk to Chris Foy. In fact what the self promotional Mourinho was up to was deflect the attention away from an horrific tackle and bring all the attention on himself. There are times I wonder was Mourinho a spoilt child as he was growing up because he always loves to bring the attention on to himself. He called himself the special one once but I didn't buy it then and I don't buy it now. He nor Chelsea have apologized for the incident, instead they are pointing the finger at referee Chris Foy. In my opinion the FA should ban Ramires for at least four games and ban Mourinho and also hit him with a huge fine. This Mourinho guy needs to be reeled in and thought a lesson but I just wonder have the FA got the balls to do it. Until next week, enjoy your football and stay safe.

No comments:

Post a Comment