Sunday 6 April 2014

The heat is on!




Last weekend there was not an awful lot of controversy around the game for me to report on, so if I may as be so bold this week, as to try and predict where the Barclays Premier League title is going. It is as if the runners are coming around the bend and entering the home straight. In my opinion their are only three runners left now that can win it. Liverpool, Chelsea and Manchester City, all the rest have slipped away and are going out the back door as the other three stretch away. So let me try and unfold the run in, below.

Both Liverpool and Chelsea have to play six games and City have eight left.City and Chelsea have to go to Anfield and this is where I think the Liverpool machine may falter. They are going along at such a rate of knots at the moment it will be a shock to them if they don't take all the points from those two games. A good friend of mine from Galway city Gerry McDermott has been saying Liverpool will win the league since January, but I feel in the end, the pressure will just be too much.When it comes down to the business end of a season it tends to be the teams that have been through it all before that end up champions. In my opinion it will be City,s title.They have two games left on Merseyside at Anfield and Goodison and if they bag the points in those two games well then Vincent Kompany will lift the trophy.When Chelsea visit Anfield, my old mate Jose Mourinho will have his team set up in such a way that Chelsea won't lose.One other fixture on the horizon that my friend Gerry should also be worried about is Liverpool's trip to Selhurst Park.Tony Pulis in my opinion should be manager of the year for the job he has done at Palace. So all in all that is three tough games for Liverpool on the run in.It is quite amazing that City also have to play Palace and the Eagles will have a big say in the race for the championship.

No matter what way the cookies fall it has been a great season with plenty of excitement and debate.That to me is what the beautiful game should be all about. It has been a great season for debate on social networks every weekend,some discussions even got heated between friends.With us now into the final run in, I am sure the debates will go on and on.But when all is said and done and the final whistle blows at the end of the season, in my opinion Manchester City will get the gold medal. The Premier League is looking good and let us just hope next season gets even better and we could be looking at a six horse race for the title. I really really do hope so,So over the next few weeks enjoy the games and hopefully whoever wins they will do it without and refereeing controversy.Can I just finish off by praising Gerry for his prediction and if the Pool do win the league, can you send me next weeks winning lotto numbers Ger. Until next week enjoy your football and stay safe.

No comments:

Post a Comment